Premium Member
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like Ford GM clone.

Where are you getting that from?? The Rivian doesn't look like anything that GM or Ford produce. In fact, the Rivian has been in concept/design longer than any of the domestic electric trucks have.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Where are you getting that from?? The Rivian doesn't look like anything that GM or Ford produce. In fact, the Rivian has been in concept/design longer than any of the domestic electric trucks have.
To each their own.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I wonder how long before a manufacturer will come out with a useful electric truck? That bed on the Rivian looks to be about 4' long. How am I supposed to haul dirt bikes, tow a trailer and pick up lumber in something like that? I wonder what the range is towing 10,000 lbs and loaded up with people and gear? I think it will be a long time before an EV can replace my diesel 3/4 ton. The Rivian looks good for soccer moms and city folk that don't really need a truck.

Reactions: JJ'65

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Even though they are first to market, they missed on price point. The Ford F-150 lightning will sell much better than the Rivian. It’s kind of marketed to Yuppies.

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wonder how long before a manufacturer will come out with a useful electric truck? That bed on the Rivian looks to be about 4' long. How am I supposed to haul dirt bikes, tow a trailer and pick up lumber in something like that? I wonder what the range is towing 10,000 lbs and loaded up with people and gear? I think it will be a long time before an EV can replace my diesel 3/4 ton. The Rivian looks good for soccer moms and city folk that don't really need a truck.
I was going to talk about the Atlis Motor Vehicles XT in a positive way, but they changed the design for some reaon and now it looks like crap (think Tesla Cybertruck, designed by a 4 year old). The previous design of the truck looked good, but this new version sucks. However, the specs on this truck make a true work vehicle. 35,000 pound GCWR, 5,000 pound payload capacity, 6.5' - 8' bed, 12" of ground clearance, 600+ HP, single or dual rear wheel models, and 15 minute charge time.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I was going to talk about the Atlis Motor Vehicles XT in a positive way, but they changed the design for some reaon and now it looks like crap (think Tesla Cybertruck, designed by a 4 year old). The previous design of the truck looked good, but this new version sucks. However, the specs on this truck make a true work vehicle. 35,000 pound GCWR, 5,000 pound payload capacity, 6.5' - 8' bed, 12" of ground clearance, 600+ HP, single or dual rear wheel models, and 15 minute charge time.

Impressive specs, but it sure is ugly! Seems you can't buy an Atlis either. Some kind of $700/month subscription. I guess like a car share program? I think a lot of companies are going to go this route. I know I wouldn't want to pay for replacement batteries when they fail. I generally buy 6-10 year old vehicles for daily drivers, probably not a smart move with EV's. Batteries will expire whether they're used or not. Age will be the determining factor in resale value, not so much mileage like it is for ICE vehicles. The days of buying older, low mileage used vehicles will be over.

Reactions: 68Chevele

·
Registered
739 Posts
A guy I know placed a deposit a couple years ago…. Not sure he is still going forward with it though. It is definitely a niche market and I think would take a long time 50-100 years to gain real steam unless the government starts mandating electric cars which they have….

1 - 16 of 16 Posts