Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1971 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu
7,417 Posts
I've always liked Muscle Cars but I too can't see what you need that kind of horsepower for unless it's going to be a track car. The ordinary "Joe" could only dream about owning one and I'm sure there will be a few of them put away to make their appearance at Barrett Jackson in the future. I consider myself an ordinary "Joe" and even if I had the money it doesn't interest me. I'll stick with the old Muscle Cars.

·
Registered
12,255 Posts
Same here
Park a new camaro or vette next to an old one. They look huge...like something out of toon town

Like what they do, power is certainly there but just dont "feel it". Thank god I couldnt afford them anyway
COuld be worse....sticker pks like the 80s. lol

One day they will all be electric 10 sec cars

Anyone see Mercedes new SLS the bright green? Holy smokes that thing moves.
Guess you listen to noise through speakers. Sorry just not the same. cant smell race gas either

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
I just went to the philly auto show over the weekend. A lot of nice cars, but the price tags! new CTSV-$100,00! that's more than the GS corvette. These new "mucle cars" really cant be worked on in the driveway like the old cars. You can do anything with the old mucle cars if you have some know how. But for the money of that Camaro, you can get a really nice sports car.

·
Premium Member
1,539 Posts
maybe has something to do with this embarrassment World's Greatest Drag Race 6! - YouTube
Running a SS1LE Camaro against those supercars was a mistake. Zl1 is substantially quicker. I have one. Why did they not use one? On the other hand I do prefer my 69SS with the ZZ502. People appreciate the work put into the car, I can and do work on it, and they aren't making any more of them.

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
8,709 Posts
Kind of surprised no Z06

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Running a SS1LE Camaro against those supercars was a mistake. Zl1 is substantially quicker. I have one. Why did they not use one? On the other hand I do prefer my 69SS with the ZZ502. People appreciate the work put into the car, I can and do work on it, and they aren't making any more of them.
The ZL1 would still have come in at or near the back of the pack. It and the Hellcat stood no chance of putting up times indicitive of their potential on that surface, but still wouldn't have fared much better. My local track gets supercars like these practically every Wednesday night during the season, they do run well and are predictably fast. The new Mustangs, Camaros and Hellcats have a much steeper learning curve, their times are all over the place unless the driver can figure out how to get them off the line without spinning the tires, which many can't.

Steve R

·
Premium Member
1,539 Posts
The ZL1 would still have come in at or near the back of the pack. It and the Hellcat stood no chance of putting up times indicitive of their potential on that surface, but still wouldn't have fared much better. My local track gets supercars like these practically every Wednesday night during the season, they do run well and are predictably fast. The new Mustangs, Camaros and Hellcats have a much steeper learning curve, their times are all over the place unless the driver can figure out how to get them off the line without spinning the tires, which many can't.

Steve R
You are probably correct, but then again I didn't pay 200K for it either. Put some money and work into a Zl1 or Shelby and they will run with any of the "Supercars". For a lot less than supercar money.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Meh, I don't really like it. 40 grand extra is nuts for a blower and some decals. The new camaro is kind heavy and ugly anyway.

The new dodge demon is coming. Might be the first musclecar to run 9's stock. It's coming with drag radials and maybe AWD. I still don't like it. I've driven a hellcat and it's just not fun. It's a big heavy car on an old mercedes chassis.

·
Registered
12,255 Posts
There ya go man

I dont care how fast any car is kjnow what? Ok impressive

They still dont do anythin for me
Dont have "that look, feel, smell" nothing. Just generic.
Hey want Wonderbread or plainwrap they are both a fortune

Thanks....know you get it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts