Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got done firing up my 454 today, didnt break the cam in (was to late in the day) but did get everything done and connected, primed ect and fired it up for about 30 seconds sounded Great cant wait till tomorrow to break the cam in but my wife thinks I should wait till after the holidays (because of the neighbors open headers) but I dont think I can wait I, doing it tomorrow.

My engine is a 454 60 over, forged crank/pistons, semiclosed heads #3931063 9.5 to 1, 228/238 @50 540 lift on 114 centerline, 69 cast iron high rise intake, with the first time of me using a quadrajet (hope im not making a mistake)

This is in a 72 convertable with a 700 trans, posi 3:42 rear 27 tall tire. I hope my combonation will all work together for me, do you guys have any type of hp/tq rating and a possible shift rpm?

thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Steven, If you were my neighbor I wouldnt mind a bit. A 454 is a great way to ring in the holidays!I say do it! That sounds like a great combination you have working there.Good Luck!

------------------
71 malibu 350/350

·
Registered
702 Posts
I would fire it up @ 11:58 PM on Dec 31.
Open Header in the NEW YEAR.

Beside everyone with computers in there cars are supposed to be infected with the Y2K Bug.
Ya know planes crashing, raining cats and dogs, end of the civilized world as we know it. Except for the lonely roar of a BIG BLOCK Chevelle running with open headers.

------------------
JR
70 396SS El Camino #'s Matching.
69 396SS Chevelle, project "Street Bruiser"
H-D Ultra Classic E-Glide
72 Chevy C20 Flatbed, $500 DRMO sale. Thanks Uncle Sam
I live to own toyz...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Merry Christmas Steve...If the neighbors complain, just blame it on Santa's New Sled! Your combo sounds great! You'll love the 700R4/3.42 Gear Combo...I have the same in my Z, 1st gear feels like a 4.56 racer, but you only spin the motor at 2200 revs at 70 mph. A couple of things...is your Qjet a 750 or 800? If it's a 750, the primaries may not give you the part-throttle punch an 800 can give. Also, an aluminum, dual plane intake will do better than your iron unit, and will weigh a few tons less...As for an output guess, I recon around 430 lbs of torque staring at around 3 grand through about 4500..I'm jealous...Be careful and happy new -motor!

------------------
68 El Camino...Slow, Much Work Required
98 Z28...Fast, No Work Required
Goodfellow AFB, San Angelo, TX -- Where? That's what I said..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.