Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last piece was a little tough as it was longer than the outer sections, heated sheetmetal and refabbed to fit. i am a little stiff from being in that trunk all day.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Nice job!
That was the fun part IMO!

·
Premium Member
16,878 Posts
Looks good, nice and clean :thumbsup:. To answer the question about doinf a write up with pics, I had thought about it, just never had the time to actually put it all together. I installed a full trunk floor in my 69 Charger last year (still the same procedure as a Chevelle trunk). It was involved, but not all that difficult. Here are some before, during, and after pics:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
8,794 Posts
Tony

Trunk really looks nice, good job.

Heres a hint, I don't know if you have a big engine in your car or not, but where your wheel wells are, and your trunk goes down the inside and around the back of the wheel well.

My sons 70 ss was pulling apart between the wheel well and the trunk, on mine I mig welded a few spots in there to strengthen it, if you go deep with the weld, seam sealer will cover it.

Just a suggestion, thats all.

Rob

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rob, wheel well is welded to trunk that whole area was rotted and i cut it out and replaced it. thank's for the info, tony.:beers:

·
Premium Member
8,794 Posts
Looks like your good to go tony.

The 70 we had we didn't notice it, a guy came over to buy it and pointed it out, this 70 was a really solid car no rust on it, and the welds along the wheel well were okay, but it still pulled apart, if you look at how there designed you can see how this might happen.

He said he's seen a few of them do it.

Yours looks really solid how you fixed it, it just a little insurance, He ran a ten inch drag radial with 373 gears, and still pulled it apart, they just kind of spread out in that area.

Years ago guys would put some heavy stuff in there trunks for weight in the winter, and I think thats part of this type of problem also.

Rob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts