Team Chevelle banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally got into the 10's last weekend at Bremerton.:hurray::hurray: My goal was something like a 10.8xx N/A as opposed to just barely getting there (like a 10.99).
A few weekends ago I ran a then best 11.16 @ 121 at the Friday TNT at Bremerton. Then the next weekend I ran out at Forks (1/8th mile) and got a my best 1/8th mile ET to date, a 6.94 @ 99 mph. Checked the plugs and it looked like I was a little lean so towards the end of the day on Sunday, I swapped out the jets for 2 sizes larger, primary and secondaries. Then we had a nostalgia front engine dragster crash so that delayed things enough to where I could'nt get another run in to try out the jetting change. So I went to TNT last Saturday (9/26) at Bremerton. First pass of the day, a 10.73 @ 124 w/ a 6.83 1/8th mile!! Also ran a best 60', 1.49. I was not expecting anything out of this 1st pass so I told the wife she did not have to get it on video. Man was I surprised when I got my time slip!! I did have her get the next pass on video. This pass was a 10.75 @ 125. Here is the video clip. And yes, I did get a little anxious and redlite!

Hmmm, wonder what a 150-175 shot would do!?!? May have to find out next season!!:D

·
Premium Member
7,984 Posts
A little anxious???? .111 early... :clonk::D

Congrats on the solid 10's..:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Nice run Dave! Wish I would been there to see it, good job.

·
Registered
507 Posts
congrats on getting into the 10's :hurray:

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts
Great news,,,,glad to see you smashed the 10 second barrier. 9.90's really easy on a 150-175 shot

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys.. It was getting a little frustrating since I knew it should have the HP to do it.
In addition to the jetting change I have been playing with the tire pressure (started out at 8lbs and am currently at 11.5 lbs) along with trying to get the double adjustable coil overs set right. The other big difference was my shift points. Started out shifting at 7k, then found that it ET'd better at 6500 so I then tried 6k and it ET'd better yet.

Next year I will trying loosing up the front shock to see if I can get some air. I may even try yet another gear change. I am crossing the line at 6100 right now with 4.88's (I am running a set of big 32" tires). Then again maybe I am close now since it likes to be shifted at 6k :confused: I am also wondering what a looser convertor might do, except that I am trying to keep it a street car, although it seems I am losing that battle since it was only driven a couple times on the street this year :D.

9.90's really easy on a 150-175 shot
I would'nt mind getting "called up to the tower" :D

·
Premium Member
11,205 Posts
Outstanding!!! Congrats!

·
Registered
14,338 Posts
Running good Dave. Is the combo that you had a thread going (502 dyno thread)? Any idea what that car weighs? She's moving real good that's for sure.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Certainly caught my attention by gaining 4/10ths with only a couple jet changes and some good air.

Got me thinking...
Got me thinking too on the drive home that night that I should have tried increasing the jet sizes 1 more. Maybe theres more left :D The plugs are still a little light in color..

Is the combo that you had a thread going (502 dyno thread)?
Yes it is. Good memory! What a fiasco that thread turned into thanks to Patrick (Pro Systems). Never would concede that he just simply got my carb wrong (he threw Chris Straub under the bus). I ended up buying a refurbished Holley HP1000 off Ebay. The only tuning I have done to it was the jetting change.

Any idea what that car weighs?
It weighs in at just under 3800lbs (on a certified scale)

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I'm a little late to the party here, but CONGRATS Dave!!!
:beers::thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts