Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the seats, carpet and headliner of my Chevelle done and I figured I'd post a few pictures.

I had the interior shop cover the Recaro seats to match how the originals would have looked as close as the new shape allowed. They also cut a custom carpet to cover the modified transmission tunnel for the T56, and installed a custom headliner. Love it. The car is a completely different beast now and much more pleasant to sit in! All work was done by the guys at BodyCraft OC in Santa Ana CA.

What the seats looked like before covering

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Not a fan of "tall" bucket seats in an A-body, but those look really nice, and match the back seat very closely.....:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
8,740 Posts
Really nice, huge difference before and after

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
I really like the idea of covering them to match the original styling.

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Major improvement over the light color, looks great. How comfortable are those seats to sit in on looong drives? Thanks, Terry

·
Premium Member
3,595 Posts
Looks excellent Colin, nicely done!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all of the kind words, I'm extremely happy with how it all came out.

Not a fan of "tall" bucket seats in an A-body, but those look really nice, and match the back seat very closely.....:thumbsup:
I am not a fan of the tall fixed headrest seats in classics but I like the fact that a get a MUCH more comfortable performance oriented seat than anything GM put in their cars and, with the removable headrest I can still have a similar to original look.

Major improvement over the light color, looks great. How comfortable are those seats to sit in on looong drives? Thanks, Terry
I haven't had any chances to spend extended periods of time in them but they are extremely comfortable. They aren't too narrow and the bolsters are moderate so i never feel like I'm squeezing in to them and I'm 6'4" 230 something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts