Team Chevelle banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
I was born in Jan of '72.my dad had a '66 375hp(from his stories)4 spd. It was a bronze car. I have 2 pics of the car in front of my grandmothers house but can't make out interior. Today my mom said that she thought the car had black interior in it.

Anyway, I have a '65 Malibu that i have had since Sept. '92 and have been wanting a '66 for a couple of years now. Solely because my dad had one when I was born, that is the car that my mother rode to the hospital in when she went in labor with me. My dad passed away feb.2001.

Last week I found a '66, bronze(m-m), 138 vin, 4spd for sale. Needless to say, I bought it. Got it home today, I’m excited.

Engine is gone, but still has m-20 with original shifter and the 12 bolt is still there. Going to try to get codes off of the trans and rear this week. Car needs quarters, trunk, and wheel wells.

Any body know how to determine what hp the engine was. Would the rear end code help?

Just real excited and rambling on!
:hurray:

·
Registered
64 Posts
you may get lucky and find a build sheet under one of the seats.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bottom of back seat was loose when i got there,nothing.guy i bought it from said,"sometimes they are shoved way up in there".apparently he has already looked.i'll look again.someone put black carpet in it,and painted the dash and console black at some point,supposed to be bronze(790-b).

·
Premium Member
3,014 Posts
No, but you can't have more than one Chevelle (I'll take the '65 :D)

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Build sheet could be:

Inside: door panels, seat covers, head liner
Above: Gas tank, heater core housing.
Under: Factory sound deadener

Also, check into the history of the car relentlessly. Trace back the ownership and in some states, like Texas, they will make copies of every single document of the car since it was new as long as it was in Texas. I requested a package for a 65 SS I had a few years back and recieved a 2" thick stack of paperwork that included the bill of sale, a copy of the window sticker (?), and all registrations since new. It was owned by a couple from 65 until 2002.
Some ex-owner may have some old paperwork laying around. A friend of mine tracked down the original owner of his 70 LS-5 and got a lot of old pictures, the original owners manual with original sales reciept and..........THE PROTECTO PLATE! He had to offer a crisp Ben Franklin, but that did the trick! Rich L-79 got his original a few months ago too.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tach is gone,just the holes.i have no idea how to up load pics to here.i have a digital with hardware that i use for ebay stuff.i know that you have to use some other site,but that is about it.

·
Premium Member
3,958 Posts
tach is gone,just the holes.i have no idea how to up load pics to here.i have a digital with hardware that i use for ebay stuff.i know that you have to use some other site,but that is about it.
Sign up at Photobucket.com or another photohosting site and upload your pics there. Then you can post or link them here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts