Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I owed a 1972 350 Malibu when I was a kid (19 years old).

Recently bought a 1970 454 with a 134 Vin code. Trying to sort out what I have exactly.

13437015B0580 is my VIN. I believe it is ultimately NOT an SS, simply a 2 door sport coupe with a V8 assembled in Ontario. Am I correct with that so far?

How do I go about figuring out if I have a matching #s engine, drive train etc? I know I need to look for codes stamped in etc, but not where to locate those codes?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Greg

·
Premium Member
14,047 Posts
Built in Canada, Vintage Vehicle Services will sell you a package of paperwork pertaining to your car. I think that is the name of the company, Good luck!!

·
Premium Member
19,967 Posts
Links to all the casting numbers for block and associated parts, transmission, rear ends, trim tag, etc.

Being a 13437 VIN, it's not an SS. The two SS options were only available on three Malibu body styles - sport coupe, convertible, and El Camino 2-door sedan pickup.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Links to all the casting numbers for block and associated parts, transmission, rear ends, trim tag, etc.

Being a 13437 VIN, it's not an SS. The two SS options were only available on three Malibu body styles - sport coupe, convertible, and El Camino 2-door sedan pickup.
Thanks for the link. I needed help in locating the casting numbers and yes sorting them out. I did not think it was an SS, nor am I concerned about that specifically (though obviously it would have been nice haha). But she is in decent shape and definitely goes like hell with the 454 in it. But I am not sure if it is a matching #s engine or not.

·
Premium Member
3,900 Posts
134 was the base model Chevelle. Formally the 300 Deluxe. It was canceled for the 70 model year but was brought back by demand later that year. They are fairly rare and cool cars in my opinion. There is a member here who has a 402 version. You could not get it with a 454 so the one you have would not be number matching.
Post some pics!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here are some pics. v

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks. It needs some love and care. And there are definitely things that need to be addressed. But then I could say the same about myself and i am roughly the same age.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts