Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 67 steel hood and I need the part that bolts to the front of the hood that makes it lock down. My fiberglass just has the two hood pins. I can't find the part in the catalogs and I don't even know what it's called. Do they still make this part?

------------------
MY CAR
Stacey
67 chevelle

At sixteen I got my license. (One of the best days of my life.)

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Your going to have to do what I did when I need parts like this... beg the guys, particularly the guys out west in the rust free zone, to grab you one out of a junk yard. John Muha (sp? sorry if I mispelled it John) is a great guy that has helped me out a couple of times... maybe he could find it for you.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Professor_SS:
Your going to have to do what I did when I need parts like this... beg the guys, particularly the guys out west in the rust free zone, to grab you one out of a junk yard. John Muha (sp? sorry if I mispelled it John) is a great guy that has helped me out a couple of times... maybe he could find it for you.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Somebody Rang?
Don't remember any begging Prof., only you asking. No idea what they are called. Think I have one on a 71 hood but don't know if it's the same. Don't know what they are called without looking it up. Probably find a source if no one else has one.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Stacey, did you check out the year one web site? I remember seeing that item for my 71-would think they'd have your year as well.

------------------
71 Ragtop, finally painted! now starting interior.
MCC #347, TC (Gold) #174
[email protected]

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey stacey honn,

Why the change from glass to steel?

What ya gonna do with the glass hood

-Nathan

·
Premium Member
19,960 Posts
I just went through that and the 67 is one- year deal for both the latch and the catch.
The GM name for the part is "Plate Assy., Hood Lock - Upper". Original part number (as of 1972) is 8.083 group, 3891447. GM revised part numbers often but being this is a one-year only item, it should have stayed the same number.

I plugged the part number into Partsvoice and came up with one possible source, COLLECTORS AUTO SUPP, OROVILLE, WA 250-767-1974 / 1 - 888-772-7848

You also might check in the for sale ads here on TC. I found the catch assembly (the bottom half the the combo) through there...it's also a one-year item BTW.

------------------
Dale McIntosh
TC Gold #92/ACES #1709
67SS & 67 Elky
http://www.dalesplace.com

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nathan, I forgot to put the hood pins back on after a little tweekin. Took off and whoosh, there she blows. Small crack up at the fire wall on the hood and no more hinge mounting holes. Fixable, but not by me. I want steel so as to not have this happen again.
Thanks Dale, I'll look into your sourse! Stacey

------------------
MY CAR
Stacey
67 chevelle

Only in AMERICA!!!
Ain't WE got it sweet!

·
Registered
72 Posts
John_Muha,
Think you can find a pair of rust free `65 chevelle fenders in decient shape??

Scotty

·
Registered
123 Posts
NHRA,

Call Dick at True Connections in Riverside, CA (909-688-6040). I got a nice '65 fender and hood from him two years ago and he had several there at the time. If he doesn't have one, he can either get one for you or point you in the right direction.

Rod

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Sorry no rust free fenders out in the yard. If I find something I give it away at cost. Rod is right, try Dick at True Connections www.true-connections.com
Or maybe try Memory Lane at 800-281-9273.
I do have a hood striker thingy off a 71. That's going to cost a couple of brews.

Local guys only. Still have a deck lid off a 69 that's taking up space.
John

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
hey John... if you had wanted I would have been begging man... out here in the rust belt, (most people think that means a geographical area left over from the industrail era but it really means that the darn cars rust up to the seat belts
) we can't find all the cool rust free stuff you guys can!!!

I have spent weeks looking for a reasonable set of black seat belts and a radiator top support piece and one piece of chrome for the 72 and a front fender for a 88 dakota. ended up having to order all repo parts because I have not found anything close. Oldest car I found was in the mid 80s!!! and everything is rusted, trashed, crap!!! Those trunk rods you got me saved my butt. I knew that if anyone would be willing to and could help her it would be my good buddy John.

Again, thanks.. thanks... thanks....

[This message has been edited by Professor_SS (edited 10-24-2001).]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.