Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got an original 68 SS convertable with a bench seat and colunm shift automatic. I know there were a little over 2000 convertable SS made in 1968. I would like to know if the bench seat was a rare item in the SS models. I currently plan on putting the car in original condition.

·
Registered
258 Posts
It may be, but in my opinion it is not likely to affect the value much. Just because it is rare doesn't mean its valuable. You already have a very rare car. I would leave it original as possible.

------------------

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dont know if its rare or not but I got a 67ss bigblock with a column shift and a bench seat. Its funny how many people make a basis on how a car goes by the type of seats and if the shifter is on the column or not. Won alot of money on stereotypical people whos faces have turned red while handing over the cash(ha.ha). Anyways keep it the way it is a car is worth more in original condition than not!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Terry:
I have a 68 SS396, 2-door Hardtop that I bought new in Aug. 1968 in Louisville KY. It has a bench seat with 4-speed on the floor.
When I bought it the dealer checked all of the dealerships in his area and found five SS396's with a bench seat (4-speed) available.
Most of the SS's I've seen come with buckets, but like the other posts mention, it may not make it more valuable but it does make it different. Keep it.
GaryR

·
Registered
133 Posts
Terry, i have a 68 SS396 that i picked up in California. It has the bench seat and colum shift auto too. I really dont know how many were offered but i think its a cool combo that many people look at after i beat them and just shake their heads. For some reason they dont expect a colum shift car to be fast!??. Have fun with the car, 68s are great!. Chris

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
My Chevelle has a rare combo. I have bucket seats with column shift. Some people ask me If had bench seat. I do have documentation to prove it. The lady ordered it like this because she was afraid her children would hit the shifter and damage the transmission.
Luis!!70SS

[This message has been edited by Luis (edited 02-04-99).]

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've only seen one Chevelle equipped like Luis', a '68 SS396 with column shift and buckets. A friend in high school had a base '69 Camaro equipped the same way. Kind of an odd combo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.