Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i bought my 70ss 396, it had a polished trim piece on the bottom of one of the front fender extensions. it is held on by the lower screws. i am missing the other. i have never seen these on another car. were these an option and are these available anywhere. thanks for your help.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Its my understanding that these were only on early production cars. Reproductions are available from different Chevelle parts suppliers like NPD etc.

Aces 209

·
Registered
79 Posts
I remember a discussion we had quite awhile ago regarding this trim peice. It seemed to be the consensus that they were on some cars but not all. My '70 Malibu happened to have them.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
My 70SS had them but I didn't put them back on after new paint because they had a million rock dings in them.

------------------
Steve Strasemeier (70SS)

·
Registered
636 Posts
I believe that they were only on early 70 model year car also. I have a Jan. SuperSport with the trim, and an April malibu without the trim. I believe I read somewhere that anycar before April 1970 had them. Mat ACES #2424

------------------

·
Registered
321 Posts
My 70SS does not have them now (I can't say for certain that it never had them.) The car is Canadian with a documented 5th week of October '69 build date.

Some things are a mystery.

·
Gold Founding Member
5,822 Posts
My 70 SS built in December does not have them, Built in Atlanta.
Ron

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
My 70 SS was built 2nd week Jan 70 (01B) in Kansas City. It has this trim. Slightly pitted - any one know how to get the shine back? Polishing wheel? Are they anodized aluminum?

·
Registered
321 Posts
DAMN, Luis! That is one pretty car! What happened to you TCS, I don't see it. I can see the right side two prong temp switch, but not the solenoid. Just a question.

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
Michael, thank you for the compliments. When I bought the car it din't have it. The car might be for sale if we get orders to Naples, Italy.
have a great day!!
Luis!!70SS

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.