Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first Car project, purchased it last year at the GoodGuys Corral with my 13yr old son. The goal is this will be his driver when he turns 16, maybe a limited driver now. We've been working on it for one year, complete frame off, currently building an LS and this site seems to be very helpful. Now we're getting into more technical stuff we'll need a lot more help from the forum on Wiring, LS conversion, and everything else. Glad to be Part of the Chevelle Family.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,620 Posts
Great and good luck. My father son project is still incomplete 13 years later, he lost interest after teardown. Enjoy the fun at this age, they grow up too fast.

·
Premium Member
Bill
1,553 Posts
Looks like the dusty Columbus Good Guys coral. Good luck with your project. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
Rochester, New York
1,576 Posts
Lucky guy to have a dad with the shop and the knowledge to bring that Chevelle back to life! :thumbsup:

We all remember our very first car, and your son is going to have quite an impressive ride. And chics dig Chevelles.... :wink2:

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I thought it would be cool to do a father and son project, but unfortunately we both realized early on that it was a mistake. Congrats to both of you for making yours work.

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Welcome Bart, to Team Chevelle.....:waving:

In the mid-60's, I started playing around with Tri-5 Chevys, then Chevelles and Novas before any of them became classics. Son and I started a project for his first car ('64 Chevelle) back in about 1992. Finished it, he drove it to tech school, now is manager of a high-performance engine business. At the same time, my daughter's boyfriend became hooked on classic Chevys after hanging around with us. They got married, he is now restoring muscle cars in a friend's business. Now we have 4 grandsons also hooked. One has a '57 Chevy, one has a '55 Chevy PU, another with a '49 Chevy PU, and the 4th is building a '40 Chevy Sedan Delivery.

All with Grampa's help of course.....;)

Two more (very young) grandsons are getting involved also, with die-cast Chevy model cars.

I'm teaching two of the older grandsons the classic auto upholstery business. They will take over my shop eventually. "Old cars" have literally become a way of life for our whole family.....:yes:

All you parents out there: you're already into Chevelles, otherwise you wouldn't be on this website. Start your kids out early with old cars (if they are interested), ya never know where it might lead!

·
Premium Member
3,064 Posts
Looks like a massive project.......congrats on your progress. Keep at it.

Steve, kinda the same way here, on a smaller scale. My daughter wanted to do a car project with me, until the car showed up. When we discussed it, she wanted a station wagon, so grandson and friends could all ride in it. Bought a 67 Malibu wagon roller. I'm glad I got my son-in-law involved. We've got it running and driving, and he's having a ball with it.

My grandson is 12 and wants an El Camino. I see a pattern here..........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts