Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I made the decision to pass down my 67 chevelle to my son. I was given the car by my father right before my freshman year of high school. My son is basically the same age now that I was when I got the car. Back in the day, all I was worried about was going fast. So on a high school kid budget..... The car went as fast as 10.96 @127 on horse power. I have spent countless hours working on this car. I even painted it myself in my parents garage(thanks dad). I am probably more excited to do this car than even my son !I have a few pictures from the start of the project. We started on it about a month ago. Plans are to change all the metal on the car with the exception of the doors. Frame is due to go to blasting and powder coating next week. My son has his heart set on an LS3/blower set up with a 5 speed. I only wish my father was here to share in the process, but im sure he is watching every day. I will try my best to keep this thread updated as we move along.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
That's awesome! I hope to do the same down the road. How come your son wants a 5 speed? why not go 6 speed?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Going the 5 speed route cause after investing in a new floor, we cant bring ourselves to cutting it up. We are looking at the 5 speed that requires no cutting of the floor. I really wish they designed these trans tunnels a bit larger !

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Going the 5 speed route cause after investing in a new floor, we cant bring ourselves to cutting it up. We are looking at the 5 speed that requires no cutting of the floor. I really wish they designed these trans tunnels a bit larger !
yeah, I had a new floor, then cut it up... We will see what happens in 8 years when my son is the right age to pass mine down. This past Christmas, I hinted to the wife that our son Ashton who is 8 right now, would love to have a 86 ss or Grand National for Christmas; she didn't buy it. :clonk:

Reactions: haughty

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
I see the white P.V.C. pipe, :nerd: Looks like you may be starting on the collectors and Kustom Headers...............:laugh: Have Fun!
NICE, Father & Son project. :thumbsup:
Bob

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
I don't think there is a 5 sp worth installing that won't require floor cutting. Cut it and save the piece.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts