Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason my fan switch had a terminal burn up. I run the fan on hi all the time and the terminal that burned is the fan lead for high. No fuses have blown and I see no other indication of trouble except I noticed when I replaced the switch that terminal is getting very hot so I turned it down one speed and all is well so far as I can tell. :confused:

My question is does this mean my blower motor is drawing too much amperage and about to go out or is this a symptom of some other problem? I replaced the fan motor about a year ago so I'm reluctant to replace it without good cause.

Any comments suggestions?

Here's a picture.

·
Premium Member
9,801 Posts
That seems weird, as the high setting on the blower should put the current load on the high blower relay and only a small load on the switch. Is the relay still in the circuit?

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by JWagner:
That seems weird, as the high setting on the blower should put the current load on the high blower relay and only a small load on the switch. Is the relay still in the circuit?
Yes!

·
Registered
62 Posts
try putting a 1 k resitor in the line... or the real way is to find out wat amprage it can take...or the recomended....they usins a dvm find out what is really going to it...then match the correct ohm resistor up to it..1k is a over correction mostlikely but better underpowered then over and dead
pat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts