Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a derale dual fan setup on my OPG Desert cooler radiator and everything works great, and I have less than 1000 miles on the setup. I have been seeing some coolant splattered in the engine compartment, and until recently figured it was coming from my overflow. I put a catch can in and was still seeing the splatter, and today I realized that the plastic hold down for my fan has somehow either broken a fin, or punctured the radiator, causing the leak. Has anyone had this happen? Is it fixable? Or am I going to have to buy a new freaking radiator? any help would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
a good rad shop can repair it .... but your bigger problem is how to keep it from happing again.... those poke thru the fins nylon tie's should be outlawed !! make a real mounting system where the fan and shroud do not rest on the fin area !!!
cheap & simple is the reason those tie's came into use... Lazy people wanted a easy way out !!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called a local radiator shop and they said they could fix it for about 50 bucks, I just have to pull the rad. I guess I can chalk this up to a learning expereince, because I will never use those freaking ties again.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
lol..."dummy up", i thought i was the only one who used that, you're not from no.dak. originally, are ya?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts