Team Chevelle banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
15 would be fair. Clean but nothing special about it?
Good driver condiiton but no options, nothing rebuilt it seems.
27 should be a frame off for sure
Show me another 66 or 67 Chevelle in this same condition for $15K. As far as a frame off for $27K , if one was given this car for free they couldnt get a frame off done by a resto shop for $27K.

·
Premium Member
3,430 Posts
Looks like a decent car to the naked eye, but I would run away at that price, or even at 22K. Look at the floor pans on the underneath shots -- fronts have been replaced using the cheap separate pans that don't have the drain holes punched out and have the toe-board made in with the floor pan. And the rears look to be replaced with a FLAT piece of sheet metal!! No contours or ribs or drain holes or anything else back there. Anyone who did that quality of work could have done God knows what underneath the paint. You can also see what looks like lots of bubbles in the paint on the driver's rocker panel in the underneath shot. Unless those are water drops.

And as noted above, definitely not all original and not a "survivor" by a long shot. Floor pans, wheels, repainted, new interior (and it's incorrect Malibu seat covers and door panels rather than 300 or 300-deluxe stuff), and lots of mods under the hood. All that is certainly OK, if he didn't misrepresent all of that as being "all original". An ad that starts off that far from accurate in the first 3 words means you can't assume anything else you hear is accurate either ...

·
Registered
1966 Malibu, 327, Muncie, 3.55 posi
82 Posts
Im still wondering if this is a compliment or an insult. Regardless it doesnt matter. I only added the video for a laugh. People are way too serious nowadays
I'm far from serious . BTW - it's a Jaba the Hutt quote. I'm saying, "I like your style". Your sense of humor aligns with mine.

·
Registered
14,759 Posts
I think pricing on everything keeps going up faster than what we remember stuff going up. so what was a 20k car a couple years ago probably costs 25k today.
like I always say, if this car was sitting in your garage, would you price it at 17k and leave 1000s on the table? jim

·
Gold Founding Member
63,534 Posts
I think pricing on everything keeps going up faster than what we remember stuff going up. so what was a 20k car a couple years ago probably costs 25k today.
like I always say, if this car was sitting in your garage, would you price it at 17k and leave 1000s on the table? jim
I think prices of everything constantly going up is something folks sometimes don't consider when talking about classic car prices and are guessing their worth from what it was years ago.

How much groceries, utilities, rent, etc. would one dollar get you now as compared to ten years ago?

·
Registered
14,759 Posts
it's like the saying on the gun forums, it's not if you paid too much for it, you just bought it too early.
because the cost of everything goes up except our paychecks. jim

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Looks like a decent car to the naked eye, but I would run away at that price, or even at 22K. Look at the floor pans on the underneath shots -- fronts have been replaced using the cheap separate pans that don't have the drain holes punched out and have the toe-board made in with the floor pan. And the rears look to be replaced with a FLAT piece of sheet metal!! No contours or ribs or drain holes or anything else back there. Anyone who did that quality of work could have done God knows what underneath the paint. You can also see what looks like lots of bubbles in the paint on the driver's rocker panel in the underneath shot. Unless those are water drops.

And as noted above, definitely not all original and not a "survivor" by a long shot. Floor pans, wheels, repainted, new interior (and it's incorrect Malibu seat covers and door panels rather than 300 or 300-deluxe stuff), and lots of mods under the hood. All that is certainly OK, if he didn't misrepresent all of that as being "all original". An ad that starts off that far from accurate in the first 3 words means you can't assume anything else you hear is accurate either ...
Very well said. What true experts can spot on cars from this forum continues to amaze me. Right down to what floor pans are supposed to look like or even repo vs orig dog dish covers. I’ve had my Elky for many years and feel like buying something nowadays is like entering the jungle.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts