Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Picked up a complete CX code 12 bolt rearend. Its going to need to be gone through its been sitting for a long time. Looks like 3.07 gears. I want to sell it and what would be a FAIR asking price dont want to undersell it but I dont want to sit on it for a year to sell it either. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
14,988 Posts
I looked at a 3.31 open 12 bolt last year for $425. The gears were covered in rust. Took a can of penetrating oil and a 1/2 hour of grunt work to get it to finally spin. I passed but there was another guy driving down from Phoenix to buy it the next day that bought it. So I would imagine $450-500 for a quick sale.
I know if I decide to sell my 2.73 open its priced at $600 firm. But as long as it's taken to find one reasonably priced, I'm just going to hold onto it since I probably won't be able to replace it any time soon for what I paid for it ($400). Jim

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Jim is right on price. Where you live could also be a factor. If you live in the middle of nowhere it will be less, if you live near a large city it will likely be at the top of the range.

Steve R

1 - 4 of 4 Posts