Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
wagons rule!
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did the factor ever put side pipes on 71 elky's? I think the brackets on this frame are from side pipes. but I did not think they could be factory. could they? they are not welded on they are bolted on but body almost had to be off to do it. I have a pic but don't know how to display it.

------------------
1970 Chevelle 454 Wagons haul A$$ in style! "The Chopped Suburban". to see some goto
www.EINSTYN.com FO_FDYFO = four-fifty four! TC#1460, VCEA#2

·
Premium Member
3,400 Posts
In a word, no.

------------------
Bill Pritchard
69 SS396 Convertible
"Life is short; eat dessert first." - Ogden Nash
My low tech web page

·
wagons rule!
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, I can through them away then, let this topic slip quickly down the list in never never land.

------------------
1970 Chevelle 454 Wagons haul A$$ in style! "The Chopped Suburban". to see some goto

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Oh no!! We're not going to let you off the hook that easily! Side pipes are seventies icons just like disco and John Travolta's white disco suit!

G

·
I think that company called CHOO-CHOO conversions did a bunch of the later elkys with side pipes, fancy mothers with fiberglass shields, painted to match the body or one of their wild ass paint jobs.

I have a very funny story about big chrome side pipes, a corvette, young lady and way to much beer.

------------------
www.muncie4speed.com
Gold 67
There is nothing like rowing through the gears at 7500. Stick cars are so much fun they should be a controlled substance!

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wally:

I have a very funny story about big chrome side pipes, a corvette, young lady and way to much beer.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay...you've got my interest.
Do tell!

------------------

Sean Thomas
TC #907 ACES #4468
Chevelle & ElCamino Club of Oregon #35
1970 Chevelle SS 396
2002 Camaro SS LS1

G

·
OK, here goes. I had this 68 vette that got whacked hard and when I had the thing fixed I had a little extra dough. I put a semi fancy paint job on this thing and a set of working 4 inch chrome header/sidepipes.

Well one early morning after drinking all night, this was a long time ago, we were buzzing along on some back road and the young lady tells me she needs to pee. So there is no place open, she tells me to whip over on the side of the road and she will jump out a take a leak. Well, she jumps out and drops trou right next to the car and squats down. Her butt cheek came in contact with that hot ass sidepipe and burned the hell out of her. She still has a little scar, and yes she is still that crazy.

------------------
www.muncie4speed.com
Gold 67
There is nothing like rowing through the gears at 7500. Stick cars are so much fun they should be a controlled substance!

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
, thats great!, hehehe, kinda gives new meaning to the term "hot pants".

[This message has been edited by Midnight Marauder (edited 12-19-2001).]

G

·
Yes. I told you she is crazy! But I made the right decision many years ago and married the right person. The lady in question has a severe problem with the demon drink. I gave it up after a DWI in 1980, ran real hard until then.

------------------
www.muncie4speed.com
Gold 67

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
In other words 22 years without a drink Wally? Good on ya guy! I admire a person that knows when it is time and gives it up. Way more money to spend on the velle too!

G

·
I never thought about the money deal, I bet I saved enough money not going to bars and clubs to buy one of the drop top LS5 deals you see on Ebay for a 100K plus. No doubt in my mind!

------------------
www.muncie4speed.com
Gold 67

·
wagons rule!
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
been there, done that, bought the tee shirt.
that's what I tell the wife. my cars keep me out of drugs and the bars.

------------------

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.