Team Chevelle banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am extending the vintage air deal due to the interest I had at the end of the deal and the people that had'nt seen the deal before.On all the sure fit kits the price is 896.00 + shipping.And the front runners,and the rest of the Vintage air parts I will have to call for priceing.This deal is different from the first one because you dont have to wait till the end to order you can send the payment whenever you are ready to order.Thanks again guys for all of you that have done business with me in the past.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a question ...

My 69 came with factory air .... of course it is 34 years old, and most if not all of the mechanical parts will have to be replaced. Since I am not that familiar with Vintage Air - do they - or does their coil. compressor, driers etc replace those parts?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea the kits replace all of the old parts.If you use your old parts you will have to get the evaporator kit for the old type freon.And the evaporator kit is 500.00 so if you can afford it your better off paying the extra for the whole kit and you can use the new style freon.

·
Registered
52 Posts
So, i get all i need except freon to bring my A/C up to snuff for the price mentioned above?

If so I'm in.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Nathan,

Any idea as to when we may expect to get our units from VA? I would like to watch for mine.

Thanks Bill

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey,
You should be getting them anytime.I know that 7 orders have been shipped because it was took out of my account.Im sorry for the delay.You should be getting them anytime.If you want you can call vintage air and ask for a salesman and the can tell you for sure when you should get it.Just let them know Crowe's small engine&auto parts ordered and its going to be drop shipped to you.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
When you say "complete", is it complete enough to use in a non-AC car as well (mine is a -69 Malibu)? It sound like a good deal, but I'd hate to get a kit just to have it sitting there while I'm trying to find the right dash controls, pulley etc.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
robando,it depends if you know for sure which evaporator you have and compessor I can sale you the other parts to go with it.The evaporator and compessor are the most expensive parts.You are probablly looking at another 400.00 in parts.The hose kit,drier,condenser,maybe louvers and control panel.A sure fit is 896.00 and it comes complete so you would save 450-500.00 if you can use the stuff you have.Let me know for sure what you have now and I can get you the prices and the rest of what you need.Thanks for your interest.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am still interested in getting a system for my 1970 chevelle malibu. It is a non-AC car with a 350 in it. What can I get and how much does it cost? And is there a sure fit system for me?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just called vintage air about your 70,I asked them how year one sold vintage air kits for 70's and they dont know either because the controls ar different on 70-72 than 68-69. they work off vacum.But I can get you the Gen2 kit which cools better but you cant use your standard controls.It will cost you around 950.00.And Yearone sales the for over 1100.00.Thanks for your interest.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I figured Id should tell everyone that is interested in this VA deal that the link at the top of TC's page under the calender deal will probablly be gone the end of the month,but the deal is still good.I just thought Id let you know if you dont see it at the top of the page anymore,dont worry.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am considering the VA surefit for my 69. The problem I have is that I have a set of fuelie heads without the accessory holes in them for the orginal brackets to mount to. Do the VA kits require the accessory holes?

I have been collecting parts to put it original, but after getting all the old parts I think it will caost more in the long run than going with a VA kit.

Still in the decision stage.....
Thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
287 Posts
Nathan
You mentioned a GenII kit for around $950! Is there actually a kit for 68 and 69's or do you have to order in pieces? Just a suggestion-you might post your group ordering deal in the heating and cooling section. I had no idea you were in the interiors section untill I e-mailed Bill (66BBCONV) and asked him how his project was coming and he told me about your deal.
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
64-69 has a complete sure fit kit,70-72 I have to get it in the gen2 and orner it in peices.YOu can put together a gen2 kit for anything if you want.And I think I will put this in the heatin&cooling section after they take it down from the top of the page.It is posted where stolen cars usually is right now but it is going to be gone from there around the end of this month.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts