Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Apologies for the cross-post, but I'm getting a bit desperate.

Has anyone used an extended thread (ET/Ultra, the type with a 60degree seat and a shank) lug nut with American Racing Torq Thrust Ms?

What I wish to confirm is that a common 0.62" diameter shank will fit the shank bore in an American Racing wheel. The source of my doubts are that American Racing extended thread lug nuts have a 0.61" diameter, and I just can't measure the wheel accurately enough to confirm myself. It seems reeeaaaly close to 5/8", or 0.625".

See my original thread in the wheels and tires sub-forum for tales of woe: Cragar Extended Thread lug nut use on AR TT wheels?

Much appreciated,
AP

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
I guess the ONLY way for sure is to Buy a pack of each and Test Fit for the Diameter
if you already have the Wheels !!

The ones in my other Post fit in the wheels I bought with 7/16" Studs and 1/2" Studs

Another important thing is make sure they are not TOO LONG
so that they go past the Inside/Mounting Surface of the Wheel
& onto the Disc/Brum Brakes Mounting Surface

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Kirk,

Yes for sure buy and try is a route to the answer, but I’m stuck with ordering online and paying shipping/import/tax since I’m in Canada and the local shops are proving useless. I’m looking at upward of 100usd for the full set of lug nuts if I order all at once, and if I order 1 pack and then 4more, it will be an additional 30 bucks in shipping. Of course if I had have just done that when I first posted, I would probably be enjoying the wheels on the car right now. :)

Such is life.
-Andrew

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
So I do not know where you live in Canada / but I have had the same problem since the US/CA Border has been closed
GORILLA Brand & McGard Lug Nuts are also very good Quality and not as Expensive as the Billet Speailities
So found this Company in Toronto/Barrie Ontario
check with them if they carry or can get them for you
Product List – Performance Improvements Toll-Free in Canada 1-877-471-6700
Chick on the BRAND TAB then select McGard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts