Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am restoring a '69 with a built up 327 and getting rid of some old headers. I'm going to go back to a set of GM exhaust manifolds. Do the kits for pre-bent exhaust pipes like those sold by The Paddock fit well? Or, do they need a lot of tweeking? There is a shop that specializes in custom bending pipes near by.....Should I take that approach instead?
Lee

·
Premium Member
5,542 Posts
The prebent systems available from some repo suppliers are just plain steel, or have an aluminized coating on the outside only. Not very desirable. The only company that makes EXACT repos is Gardner Exhaust, and they do make them in stainless. Unless you have to have a completely original system and you're building a high point show car, I would go with the custom shop in your area. You can get your choice of mufflers, pipe and still get a quality system installed.

------------------
Dan Orgill
1969 SS396 frame off in progress
Very.......slllooooowwww......progress

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dan......I talked to Eric Gardner and ordered their complete system.....It is about $200.00 higher than the local shop, but sounds like a great product that will last a long time.....Thanks - Lee

·
Premium Member
5,542 Posts
I've heard great things about them as well. Several of our members have used them and been very satisfied.

------------------
Dan Orgill
Tc #466

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.