Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I've begun restoration of a '70 ls6 with the ZP3 special paint option of "Sunflower Yellow" - "Daytona Yellow". To date, the only '70 chevelle I've ever seen with this paint option is on the cover of "Chevelles by the numbers". I've seen alot of Die-cast cars painted this color, implying it was a common color. But through the years of attending many shows around the counrty I've NEVER seen a '70 with original "Sunflower / Daytona Yellow" paint. There are alot of chevelles painted yellow, but under close inspection of the cowl tag not original. Just how rare is a "ZP3" special paint option '70 ls6 chevelle in Yellow? If there's a member out there with a ZP3 yellow option, I'd love to compare build sheets with you. Also, I've only seen a few '70 chevelles in "Hugger Orange" another ZP3 paint option - If these colors are rare, why are there so many Die-Cast cars made in these colors...?

-chris

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi, I believe there was a Sunflower yellow Ls6 from florida at chevelle showdown in 95. It was a real nice car restored by harbor restoration.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.