Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 72 chevelle ss with a 350. I am changing it to a 454. Do I need to change the engine stands that are bolted to the frame? Thank you in advance for any help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Karen, i beleve you defently will need stronger motor mounts, if thats what you mean, and they should bolt right up. But don't use your 350 motor mounts, that whould be disasterous!

Jeremy Jones

·
Registered
18 Posts
Karen, I'm pretty sure the metal stands you have bolted to the frame will work fine with a BBC. Just be sure to use brand new Motor mounts to bolt into them. I got Energy suspension polyurethane mounts that are great. Good luck

·
Registered
982 Posts
I think that the 68-72 frame mounts are the same for bbc and sbc, just like 64-67. I also recommend the poly motor mounts too. I use them on my 396, and they are worth every penny of their $35 (a piece) price tag. They have all of the rigidity of a solid, with none of the vibration.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just did this swap on a customers '69. The big block will bolt to the frame stands for a small block just fine but the firewall clearance is a little tight with a HEI, but it does clear. Comparing his car to my '68 which is an original big block car showed that the big block stands move the motor slightly forward compared to the small block stands. Make sure you get an oil pan designed for the Chevelle chassis, Corvette and Camaro pans usually won't clear the crossmember and don't have the reliefs for tie rod clearance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.