Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Can someone give me their input on what be causing this. When I start my engine everything seems fine, but when it hit temp. it seems to smoke more. It's not really blue or black it is hard to tell. This is a fresh 355 rebuild and haven't drove it yet. If I raise the idle to around 1000-1200 it seems to clean up. At first the wrong oiler rings were installed with standard and is .030 o/s pumping alot of oil, found that and corrected it there was alot of oil pumping thru the heads. Could it is have oil burn from since I haven't drove it to break it in?

Scott

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
Don't have an answer but be patient one of the members here may have an idea when they get around to reading your post. Just trying to keep it near the top for you.

·
Premium Member
7,278 Posts
My first guesses would be valve stem seals or a poor intake-to-head seal.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys,
Mike yes this is the same engine with the rich idle. Georgia69 I have had the intake off and check the fit 2x and fits good and have used the thick and thin gaskets on it plus used rtv sealant on top of it. The valve guides have .001-.002 clearance on them.

Thanks Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.