Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knew if Chevy put the displacement & horsepower stickers on the air cleaners in 1972. I've seen 402 stickers made, as well as the 330HP Turbo-Jet stickers that fit my car exactly. I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but my car has factory cowl induction...

Thanks in advance,
Troy

·
Premium Member
8,074 Posts
The only decals that went on the air cleaners in '72 on (with a few exceptions) were the 'Keep your GM car all GM'. For '72 the industry switched to net ratings and backed away from making much noise about horsepower. BTW, the Turb-Jet 330 horsepower decals you're talking about would be for a '70 LS3. For the big-blocks of '65-'70, Chevy used 2 separate decals: engine displacement numerals over crossed flags, and Turbo-Jet xxx horsepower. For '71 the big-blocks used a 1-piece decal in gray and white that gave the displacement and horsepower together. This was only used for '71. '72 lost the decals and began the trend towards no decals. Some 77½ Z28s used 'Z28 5.7 Liter' decals, but many did not. In the 80s the Z28 L69 and Monte Carlo SS began using 5.0 H.O. decals. I'm sure there are other examples, but somehow I lost interest.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.