Team Chevelle banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just got done reading all of the recent threads about decoding and it brought to mind I wanted to post a while ago a thread on my engine pad. My pad reads T03I6EG / G126140. What throws me a little is the I for the engine and especially the G for the vin. The cast on the block is 3855962 and it has the spec. hi pref. also on the rear flange.

Thanks.
Frank
66 SS Big Block

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
The I (upper case i) was used used interchangablly with the 1 (one) so its not uncommon, actually very common as a matter of fact.

G is the Framingham, MASS assembly plant code and 126140 should be the same as the last 6 in you dash VIN to be the original engine.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just got done reading all of the recent threads about decoding and it brought to mind I wanted to post a while ago a thread on my engine pad. My pad reads T03I6EG / G126140. What throws me a little is the I for the engine and especially the G for the vin. The cast on the block is 3855962 and it has the spec. hi pref. also on the rear flange.

Thanks.
Frank
66 SS Big Block
Frank,

T=Tonowanda
0316=March 16
EG=396-375 manual trans

G=Framingham, Mass. assembly plant
The remaining numbers should match the VIN

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
I didn't mean to repeat what was already posted. I was writing the answer and didn't know they had already posted. Guess I was a little slow.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Guys,

Well I thought the I was used inplace of a 1. So the G means Framingham? Interesting. I have an Atlanta car matched up with a Framingham motor. Well at least I resolved my question.

Thanks Guys!
Frank

·
Premium Member
7,454 Posts
Hi Guys,

Well I thought the I was used inplace of a 1. So the G means Framingham? Interesting. I have an Atlanta car matched up with a Framingham motor. Well at least I resolved my question.

Thanks Guys!
Frank

:( :( :(

A valuable engine.. to someone out there looking to match it up their Framingham Built car

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Mike,

Very true. I would have no problem parting with it, but the story I got was this motor was pulled from a 66 SS that was totaled in 67. So I would guess the car has unfortunately been long gone.

Frank

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Tom,

Well it is good to know that it is still valuable and desirable to some people. Given tha fact that it is a EG code and don't appear to be a restamp, it would take 1 heck of an offer to get me to part with it. And I don't think that kinda offer is out there other than someone that has the correct car for that motor.

Frank

1 - 12 of 12 Posts