Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st time post on this site. I am bringing out of storage my 1964 Malibu that I drove in college. I need some information about the original engine that this car came with. It is a 230cc straight six. Need to know if restoring this engine is worth my while to potentially maintain value, or am better off replacing engine & tran. and opt for a better performing 8 cylinder. Need to do a bit of homework on this as I'll be learning as I go. Would greatly appreciate any help in getting me going. I miss driving this car- it's been 18 years!

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
Thurston, The answer to your question is that it will be worth more if kept totally original but, if you keep all the original pieces you can put it back together if you want to sell it . Or just sell all the original stuff too. There's no reason you can't step up the performance and enjoy the car.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thurston,

Welcome aboard! You'll find a lot of great people here, that are willing to take the time to work with you, on your project.

'64's reply is the ticket. Build your car to make it enjoyable to drive, but if that means swapping parts in, then just hold on to the originals to be able to offer them at the time of sale.

I am swapping a 406 with the new fast-burn heads and a 4spd-auto into my '67 Malibu. The 67's perfect running 283/'glide is going into storage, beside another '67 327/TH400 combination, that's also in moth-balls. (Someone will get a selection of drive-train flavors some day, when I need money for another project that I can't live without) Doug.......(CA Lic # SS BAD S )

·
Registered
133 Posts
You can get the mounts from Southwestern Chevrolet in Arlington Texas 817-477-1322

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.