Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend an engine builder in Northern CA? Specifically in the Vacaville area. I'm looking to re-build my 350 w/ some mild performance (350HP). Or am I better off just getting a GM crate engine?

Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Bigbob,

I know of two. However they are in Dublin. Diablo Engine and Machine is the one that I used to build my big block.

The other one is Elbys. This is a family owed and operated business. I have not used them, but they have a good reputation.

Good Luck,

Tom.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
In Sac there is a place called HotRod Heaven (something close) I know they specialize in modern lt1 & ls1 engines but they may have a recomendation if they don't want to take on the work. Ralph is the owner...

Here in SJ I highly recomend Victory Automotive...

------------------
...Dennis
www.camaroslimited.com

[This message has been edited by DjD (edited 06-12-2001).]

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hey Big Bob
I would highly recomend Bailey Brothers in Vallejo, actually half way between Napa and Vallejo on hiway 29, I have had 2 small block Chevys and 2 big block Chevys done by them and I still have one small block and a big block they did and they run great, I would go back to them again, Check them out.
Gene

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.

Gene, it sounds like Bailey Brothers may be the hot ticket and their local! Any idea what the cost is to have a small block built?
I'm probably going to be starting from scratch as I don't have much faith in rebuilding my engine.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Big Bob
The last engine Bailey Bros. did was the 427 that I have in my 69 Chevelle SS396,about 4 years ago,I think I spent about $4,500 but they did everything to it and put it together and it's fairly healthy. You could spend $2,000 or more depending on what you want,take what you have to them see whats good and whats not, then talk with Fred Bailey about what you want to do.
Do you ever go to car shows and show & shines around the north bay area, What do ya drive?????
Gene

·
Registered
51 Posts
Go to TEM machine shop in Napa. The owner's name is Rich, he is the coolest dude around. Call him up before you go to any other machine shop!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.