Team Chevelle banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a good reputable shop in the Milwaukee, WI area to do a rebuild on a 327? Looking for good performance upgrades and someone that sticks close to a quoted price. ANy help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Motorsport Machine service. 304 Travis Lane #23 Waukesha I just had this guy do machine work on a big block of mine and was very happy. It is a brand new shop. His name is John, 1-262-549-9940. My name is Mike, my cell # is 1-262-751-7308 if you want to talk more because I hate typing.

·
Registered
401 Posts
It might be a new shop but I've known John for over 30 years and he has been into cars longer than that. He has worked as a mechanic and in engine shops over the years. He is no newcomer to cars and engines. His current car was built completely in his home garage by him and his son except for final prep and paint. It has gone [email protected]+ weighing over 3800 lbs. and he drives it all around the Milwaukee area.

http://www.chevelles.com/showroom/data/500/John_sChevelle_Small_.jpg

This will be his retirement/hobby business. It has been going parttime since late last summer and will be fulltime starting in mid April when he retires from his current job. His hands on knowledge and after the sale support are second to none.

Regards,
Gary Anderson

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I've never had any work done by them so I can't give any type of recommendation, but I've heard a lot about them. They have been around for a pretty long time. Worth checking into.

http://www.borchardtspeed.com/

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gotta love a guy that can build a '66 that can pull the wheels off the ground and make the car look like it's gonna twist into a pretzel! I will give him a call it seems all the posts are very happy with his work. I have also heard of Borchardt so I will check them out also.

I am new to the area so that helps big time. THANKS!

·
Registered
840 Posts
The best shop I have dealt with is Fasttimes Motorworks in Illinois. 50 minute drive and they actually build world record holding motors. They REALLY know what they are doing.

This is where I take all my motors for machine work.

If you have to do local C&S or NVR would be my last resort.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts