Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been gathering my 540 bbc parts and I'm finally about to start bring her together and I talked to my machinist about balancing ie the balancer and flywheel
But due to him calling me back while I was in the middle of town and in a rush I didint exactly write down or remember everything he said
He mentioned a renegade pre balancer it's some fancy steel cnc balancer with a locking ring for the counter weight with out the rubber ring? He says it stops the weight from flying off the housing
But when I do any search for that balancer I come up with nothing
And I can't find this elusive locking ring or a dampener with out the elastometer that isn't a fluid dampener or a rattler
What the hell was he talking about I know he's not blowing smoke as he's a very reputable guy who does very good work
What would you guys recommended? And what's so bad about going with a rubber balancer or a rattler
And what the hell is that locking ring

·
Super Moderator
13,133 Posts
For that type of engine I would use an ATI damper. Not cheap but you are spending a lot of money building a nice engine. Why use no-name stuff on it ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts