Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure the angle that my 427 needs to tilt back towards the rear of my 66 elco. I'm fabbing a crossmember for the th400, and I'm using solid motor mounts. Should it sit level or lean back a couple degrees?? Thanks!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
I'm trying to figure the angle that my 427 needs to tilt back towards the rear of my 66 elco. I'm fabbing a crossmember for the th400, and I'm using solid motor mounts. Should it sit level or lean back a couple degrees?? Thanks!!!!
Driveline angle should be between 1 and 4 degrees down to the back, with 3 being typical, really a function that effects the location of the rear end as well and inherently the pinion angle as well.

·
Premium Member
17,811 Posts
We shot for 3 degrees when we welded up the new crossmem for the Richmond.

Unfortunately stock must have been different ( well, not oem 1967, but after 40 yrs), as the welded header flanges did not like the new angle!

G

·
A couple of Chevy's that I've checked personally, were at 4 1/2 to 5 degrees down in back. I assumed that was the typical OEM angle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.