Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody been playing around with the 10 day trial?

I've been trying cam combos but I seem to be coming up with the TQ peak & HP peak at about the same RPM even with a 20 deg. increase in dur. the TQ peak is at 4300 & HP at 5200. I must be putting in some bad info, but don't know where.

http://webpages.charter.net/77cruiser/engine analyzer.rtf

·
Premium Member
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Where are all the armchair engine builders?

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Where are all the armchair engine builders?
Well I'm one, so I'll jump in here.:)

I have dynosim, but it is the same way. If you put a combo in and the only change made is the cam, the total HP an TQ numbers will change but the peak rpm will stay basically the same. Even with like you say a 20 degree difference. On mine this is especially true for big blocks.

The only thing that changes the peak rpm on mine is a change in heads or flow numbers.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I have experienced the same problem with EA.. sometimes I can get the rpm peak to move when I change cams, sometimes it doesnt when it should.. cant figure it out.

·
Premium Member
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just went & added 30 deg. & .50 lift & added %20 flow to what was the AFR 190 flow & came up with HP & TQ still at the same RPM they both went up on the top but still peaked @ the same RPM.

I don't think I'll be buying it anytime soon, cause I can get better answers here.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've used that program quite a bit, and IF it has good numbers it works awesome!
you have to kinda 'calibrate' the your heads, intake and exhaust numbers before you can get any really useful numbers. Ultimately its best for identifying trends rather than generating estimates of real world horsepower. Of course with that being said I once simulated a 427 that stayed within 5-10 hp of the real engine throughout the power range, and maintained that accuracy with cam and induction changes.
DD is not in the same league as EAP.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts