Chevelles.com banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Started watching Route 66, about 5 or 6 episodes, never got into it. Martin Milner RIP was a great actor and made a 1/2 hr cop show timeless.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
My favorite was Baa Baa Black sheep. Seemed like it was on for a long time, but I think it only lasted a few seasons. I guess time is endless when you're young.
Robert Conrad...

·
Registered
5,214 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
My favorites for "freezing cars" are Mannix, Rockford, and Streets of San Francisco. Those aged really well and you can get the whole series in boxed sets. Naked City and Dragnet 69 are kind of slow. Absolutely fed up with PC indoctrination on all the current network programming. (Well, Jay Leno's Garage is OK). Sure miss Johnny Carson!

·
Super Moderator
1966 Chevelle SS396
8,170 Posts
'Highway Patrol' - probably would have gone on longer if Brod hadn't had a problem with the sauce.

Great show while it lasted. :thumbsup:

I grew up on "Adam 12" and "Emergency" & "Dragnet" - ALL great shows from the mind of Jack Webb and his associates.

Iconic. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
Love the old shows from the 60's & 70's that were sponsored by car companies. Major Nelson on I Dream of Jeannie almost always drove a GTO. Ford sponsored quite a few shows too, but I can't think of any now. I'm trying to remember if Chevrolet sponsored any...

Reactions: davewho1

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Anyone remember what Broadway Crawford used to say into the microphone when he was done with a message?

"21-50 - Bye"

Streets, other shows, they are the best, with not many new shows even coming close. Just watched the Wednesday night trilogy last evening, I think the best of the new stuff, Chicago Med, FD, PD. Cannot stand "Counting Cars", way too much of nothing, and nobody good in it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Emergency! was my all time favorite show! I saved some pocket change and ordered the Emergency dodge truck and Johnny and Roy dolls from Sears catalog
when I got the truck I was very disappointed with the quality,,I was so sad,,the truck was just molded and was hollow inside,,and the detail was lacking on the helmets and gear...
I was so upset I sent it back!

I still remember that day like it was yesterday, that's how much that cheap toy impacted me,,

I still have a sketch I made of all the firemen in their helmets in gradeschool,,,

Stoker! heh heh he was cool!

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
I used to watch emergency when I came home from grade school. It was on first then Get Smart followed by All In the Family. Great old shows. I can't stomach watching new sitcoms and dramas. We got rid of our satellite TV last year and now stream whatever we like for much less $$. Those old shows would offend so many of today's snowflakes there would be lineups at every safe space. The planet is screwed gentlemen. Totally screwed.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Just watched a TJ Hooker episode, a lot of cars in it.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts