Chevelles.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Elree,

I crawled under the dash per your advice last week and tried checking the gauge cluster ground this weekend. I really couldn't even find a ground wire attached to any of the screws on the cluster itself! But while I was under there and pushing around at things, I noticed small sparks anytime I pushed on the dash. It would spark anytime the cluster would make contact to the steering column. Seems the cluster was finding ground through the steering column! I did as you instructed and just ran a new ground from the parking brake to one of the screws on the cluster and it worked!!
Just wanted to thank you for your help and ask if you're anywhere near those wildfires out there in Arizona?

Also, do you know where I can get bulbs for my dash? I must have bumped the tachometer bulb because it doesn't work now. Looks like they just plug in or twist in?

Thanks again,

------------------
Scott Wolfe
Leck Kill, Pa.
70 Chevelle SS L34

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
I'm glad you got it fixed and happy to help. The bulb you need for the dash is GE 194 the bulb pulls out of the black plastic holder. You can get them at any auto supply.

Fortunately I'm not even close to the area that has burned. I do know several people that lost their homes.

------------------
TC member 368
My ElCamino 1
My ElCamino 2
My ElCamino 3

1 - 2 of 2 Posts