Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok who else thinks the elcamino on the boyd show is really sharp. That color combo is PERFECT i think.

Andy

·
Premium Member
7,945 Posts
I only saw the first section of the show, where they cut the back and the bed up for a motorcycle, then changed there mind and cut it all out. :noway: Ridiculous. I was curious how it would turn out. Do you have any pics?

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
The original task he was given was to design the El Camino to carry the bike, What I would have liked to have seen was to chop the bed in half, add two/three more feet so the bike could sit in the bed with out protruding into the cab, and what would really have really been different is to add a second set of wheels in the rear. I know that is out there but would have been really different.:waving:

I actually saw a long bed El Camino posted awhile ago.

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea i agree on the wheels and tail light choices but that color combo really goes well together.

Andy

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
Car looked great actually. Only things I didnt care for was the rear lights in the bumper and it still had the tail lights in thier stock locations. I wasnt a big fan on the fact that the front bumper was stock chrome plated which looked great, but the back had the entire rear panted to match the rest of the car. I would have used both the stock chrome bumpers on the front and the back. Would have added the perfect contrast against the 2 tone paint. Otherwise, excellent looking car IMO.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I just want to know this... What is the cost of having Coddington Custom built? I like the El Camino or "AL Camino" as they called it. Even after all the custom work done to it, the El Camino styling lines still prevailed. Like many here I would have done some things different (like let Foose build it) but the total build was cool. The interior was my favorite part of the car.
Now what was the deal with the unveiling at Eddy's Air Patch (Edwards AFB). There was no connection with the build to Air Force what so ever. :confused:
Anyway it was a good episode...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
I think the rear roll pan made the rear-end appear too high. Actually, the rear-end was probably too high IMO. Looked like the front was slammed, but they didn't bring the rear-end down enough. I'd do a body color rear bumper and lower the rear more. Other than that, I thought it was a cool ride.

·
Premium Member
4,538 Posts
Thanks Ron,I used to watch it sometimes but haven't seen it for a while.

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It will run reruns on TLC till next weeks episode too so i am sure you can catch it.

Andy

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
One of the main things the owner wanted was to put a matching paint scheme bike in the back. They took on the task and couldn't do it. I wouldn't have been pleased. I probably would have yanked it outta there and took it to Foose :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts