Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just made a deal locally to buy an tilt auto-on-the-column out of a 72 Elky. The Elky column is in great shape.

I was wondering if there would be any problems dropping it in place of my non-tilt auto-on-the-column 70 Malibu (other than paint)?

It also had a rear view with a map light. Is that an option item I should pick up?

The frame is rusted out and the bed is bad too, but if you are near Dayton, Ohio looking for donor metal, the guy is gonna shred the shell as soon as he sells the sbc 350/350.

[This message has been edited by DG (edited 10-02-99).]

·
Registered
341 Posts
That column will swap easily and don't hesitate on the mirror, they're too cool to send to the shredder. Have fun!

------------------
Team Chevelle Gold #33
ACES Member #02913
Chevelle Club of Michigan
Livonia, Michigan

·
Registered
337 Posts
No problem,
The column will work fine, I just got a maplight mirror to add to my 72. It's always nice to add a few factory options.

Jeff

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm in need of a few parts - how can I get in touch with the donor?

Does anyone know if the inner fender wells from the Elky will fit on a 70 SS? How about another source for same without spending $300?

·
Registered
341 Posts
The inner fenders will fit, no problem! I bought new ones from Muscle Factory for $200 plus shipping, ask our sponser if they will meet or beat their price on the inners.
I put steel inner fenders off of a 72 ElCamino on my 70 Monte Carlo and they fit perfectly. NO Drilling...

------------------
Team Chevelle Gold #33
ACES Member #02913
Chevelle Club of Michigan
Livonia, Michigan

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
berry,
The driver's side inner is plastic and i think it has some cracks around the engine side fender bolts. The right is metal, and looks ok under the battery. I might end up with the whole Elky, so just contact me about what you need. The frame is totaly rusted out. I have some stuff reserved as soon as engine/trans sells.

------------------
DG
Springfield, Ohio
70 Chevelle Malibu

www.wright.edu/~adams.6/chevy.htm
TEAM Chevelle Member #0086
Genx member (Founder 4 Ohio)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.