Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to build my own harnesses for a 66 Chevelle. Does anyone have a good source for supplies (wire and connectors)?
Thanks for any help
Tom

·
Registered
650 Posts
I don't know how much help they would be over the phone, but I do know that these guys sell on E-bay. They are local to me and I get most of my supplies through them.

They are a luiquidation outlet and have a huge multi-story warehouse/building that has more junk that you can see in a day.

We are close to several GM plants and they have tons of stuff the GM plants are getting rid of. I personally have seen, and bought, some wire off original spools, that's labeled every few feet on where it goes. I am sure not all labeled aires in a car are available.

They also have all sorts of terminals and connectors, as well as GOOD heat shrink. If you can think of it, ask them for anything. Depends on how helpful the guys are I guess and how much you are willing to take a chance on buying without seeing.

I'd go with one of the $165 wiring harnesses from EZWire though before I'd go through all of that trouble. That includes the newer style GM fuse box and maybe some connectors? Do your homework.

http://www.meci.com/

Steve

·
Registered
846 Posts
I am making a harness for mine also. I just bought about a 100 assorted spade and matching females to do it. The factory type are called " packard 56 series " They will fit into the original bulk head and are good for most of the other connections to.
Got from www.waytekwire.com 952 949 0765

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
The original connectors for the bulk head (through the firewall) are available at NAPA Auto parts. Do they have NAPA in Cali? I have had them order them for me, I could get a part number if interested.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts