Chevelles.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help, I have a 65 chevelle 327 auto. conv. I have something going on with the electrical. Last night while cruzin the car just died, no lights, no turn over, no nothin. conv. top switch worked, horn worked, elec. cooling fan worked. The ride has new battery, cables. The Malibu got towed back to my house, 2 miles. took it off the flat bed pushed it into it's spot, went out approx. 10 minutes later, lights, camera action, everything worked where do I start to look for the problem. Thanks Dale

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Where do the electric fans get their power from. Guessing you hooked them up to the battery or horn relay.

Believe the top's circuit breaker gets power from the horn relay.

The horn works but nothing else.

Problem sounds like it with the wire that attaches to the horn relay and runs up the left fender to the bulkhead connector. After it goes through the bulkhead connector it powers everthing inside the car. Suspect when the car goes dead there is power on the large red wires on the horn relay but not on the BAT terminal on the fuseblock.
Think the first place I would check is the red wire connections on the horn relay. Maybe a bad connection there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts