Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My heater blower in my '72 Chevelle suddenly quit working. I find a connector under the dash with all the correct color wires (brown, light blue, yellow, orange, orange), but it's hanging loose. Should that be connected to something? My wiring diagram is not very good.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Brady

I have a 71 so this might be different, but the wires you describe get connected to the blower switch on a 71 non A/C car. I believe chevy changed the A/C wiring in 72 so these wires might also be connected to the blower switch in a 72 A/C car. Does your car have A/C? If I were you I would pull the dash pad off and look underneath. check the backside of your blower switch and see if there are any empty connectors.

Let us know what you find.

Clark

·
Registered
27 Posts
check the big dark blue wire at the blower resistor on top of the evaporater box under the hood. put your test light or volt on this wire and check for voltage from all speeds. if you get a good voltage reading at this wire go to the blower motor and make sure the motor is plugged in and you have a good ground. the plug you are looking at under your dash is probaley for the resistor for only a car with no ac. if you don't have any voltage at the resistor under the hood,check your fuses. the big brown on you switch, which plugs into your harness seperately, may be blown are a bad connection at hte plug.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.