Here's the problem. I've had teh '68 in storage for about a month with the battery disconnected. I went to replace the temp gauge and sending unit today, got the new gauge in place, re-connected the battery and when it starts the generator light comes on, and my stereo no longer works. Well I took it around the block, and the car died - seemed like an electrical short somewhere. It died and sputtered, the lights flickered and then it finally died. I got out and fiddled with the battery terminals, and got it to start again, but it died a few more times the same way on the way home. Just in the span of one city block, mind you. With the generator light on the whole time. Long story short, I get it back in the garage and discover I forgot to re-connect my ground wire from the stereo which I have going into the gauge frame that I just replaced. So now the stereo works fine, and the generator light is not on anymore, but the cutting out problem still has me puzzled. I have not driven it since re-grounding the stereo. Are any or all of these problems related? Help!