Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search but didn't come up with an answer?

At the push button there are two tabs for the wiring to connect. One is the black wire that leads to the trunk latch the other is a red wire that connects to a constant hot wire in the cab.

My question is: On the harness I have the red wire has both a male and female plug...the female is on a short pigtail off the male plug. Did they do this for an either/or connection?
Can't imagine it hits two hot wires?
Just curious?
Thanks

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Is this an aftermarket harness? Not sure of the answer but it sounds like they have one connector as provisional. That is, once you plug one connector in, you then have a spot to plug something else in.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by John_Muha:
Is this an aftermarket harness? Not sure of the answer but it sounds like they have one connector as provisional. That is, once you plug one connector in, you then have a spot to plug something else in.
That's kinda what I was thinking. Not sure if it's factory or not? It's Suppose to be, I bought it from the guy who sells options on the TC classified. I'll make it work. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
Yes. That's what it's for, to accommodate any additional accessories that needs to connect to the same location on the fuse block. Also it's aftermarket as I'm pretty sure GM didn't offer the remote trunk release on 68-72 Chevelles. Just curious is the connection at the latch solenoid a Ford style connector like this one has?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts