Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 67 SS Chevelle that I know they only came with a Vacumm Trunk Release when ordered.
I want to put in an Electric Trunk Release Latch like the one I see forsale on ebay (4523958725) Does anyone out there know if this will work in place of my regular key latch?
Or what year will work for a 67 and where to acquire a new one?
Do to myself being in a wheelchair, this would make it alot easier for my wife getting the chair in and out of the trunk, without having to always take the key... Thanks

·
Registered
846 Posts
I dont know about the part # you list. Is it a one peice? (solinoid and latch are one) if it is you will have to make sure it will bolt up. You could put a later model 2 peice on it (like a 78 Bonnivlle) or many other cars had them. The solinoid bolts over your latch. Maybe $5 at a junk yard.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I just realized the # you gave was ebay item # not a part #. Looked at auction Im 99% sure it will be a bolt in deal. Good luck.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Waynesworld, I didn't look at the E-bay auction, but check the hot rod/street rod magazines. These electrical trunk poppers are pretty common. Usually the same company is selling door poppers/remotes and sometimes electric windows and alarms as well.

Jegs or Summitt would likely have it.

Here's one option: http://www.springfieldstreetrods.com/POWERTRUNKLIFT.htm

Speedwaymotors.com has an electrical trunk popper for 12.95

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts