• Gas

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • Battery

Votes: 10 37.0%
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
12,938 Posts
Komifornia has a 2024 ban on the sale of new gas powered blowers and lawn mowers. A year or two later, gas powered generators get the ax. Other states WILL follow.
I heard about gas powered mowers. But, how do you power a portable generator to produce electric when there is no fuel source to power it?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Gasoline whenever giving a choice and 2-stroke on smaller items like string trimmers and such. Only bummer here in CA at least is there are ZERO stations to get ethanol-free unleaded...the small engines don't like that stuff. They say up to 10% is OK, but reality is different...For those, 0% is best.

I do have an electric hedge trimmer bought many years ago but it plugs in, which is OK because an extension cord will reach any of the bushes, etc. around the house.

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
10,999 Posts
I heard about gas powered mowers. But, how do you power a portable generator to produce electric when there is no fuel source to power it?
You install a 4'X6' Solar Panel on top of your lawn mower :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Gasoline Mower by I dunno it's old had it for 24 years.. still running fine... I still have a push mower when I want a little quiet time. Works the legs , calves and arms.
Gasoline 2 stroke Hedge trimmer, weed eater, blower and chainsaws by Stihl Still have a push edger for same reason as push mower.
Leaf vacuum electric plug in.
All my power tools are plug in type except one drill and driver. those and those alone are battery. I have little time to waste waiting for a battery to charge when doing yard work. So with a corded appliance there is no wait time.
For the mowers and spring... in the fall drain the fuels out of them and run them dry. spring time new fuel and fuel with no alcohol. they start up with a prime.
I do this with all my carbed fuel type mowers cutters chainsaws. etc.
As for the heating in the House... Natural gas. same as the BBQ

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
10,999 Posts
My guess would be Hoover dam or Co. river..? Need Giant Funnels to catch Rain Water JMO LOL

·
Registered
174 Posts
Gasoline Mower by I dunno it's old had it for 24 years.. still running fine... I still have a push mower when I want a little quiet time. Works the legs , calves and arms.
Gasoline 2 stroke Hedge trimmer, weed eater, blower and chainsaws by Stihl Still have a push edger for same reason as push mower.
Leaf vacuum electric plug in.
All my power tools are plug in type except one drill and driver. those and those alone are battery. I have little time to waste waiting for a battery to charge when doing yard work. So with a corded appliance there is no wait time.
For the mowers and spring... in the fall drain the fuels out of them and run them dry. spring time new fuel and fuel with no alcohol. they start up with a prime.
I do this with all my carbed fuel type mowers cutters chainsaws. etc.
As for the heating in the House... Natural gas. same as the BBQ
X2

Except for the brands (I don't bother with the draining of the fuel), my grille is propane, blower/vac is plug in (my gas one died) and I don't have any corded drills just a skilsaw.
I put StaBil in my 5 gal can that lasts me the whole year for the mower and 1 gal weed eater mix.
Actually, with what little is left in the 1 gal mix I dump that in the 5 gal then put the mix oil in then fill the 1 gal back up when I refill the 5 gal.
2 primes on the mower and weed eater and they start up right away.

Unfortunately there isn't anywhere around me that has non ethanol gas anymore....

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I see property values heading East out of California to just keep going up and up.
That solar powered EV charger in the other thread can also be used for 120 volt plug ins.
The AC charging station provides Level 2 charging, and 120V outlet panels can be added to support emergency or temporary power.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Where is California getting all it's power from... with talk of brown outs and Blackouts now...?
It can't all be from hoover dam as it is on it's last legs.
I know we are sending electricity and water down to California but that Much?
Too many people in one place...using the same thing.
like a herd of cows fighting over the last bail of hay

·
Registered
842 Posts
Where is California getting all it's power from... with talk of brown outs and Blackouts now...?
It can't all be from hoover dam as it is on it's last legs.
I know we are sending electricity and water down to California but that Much?
Too many people in one place...using the same thing.
like a herd of cows fighting over the last bail of hay
California is a mess they want electric everything well our power grid infrastuctuire cant handle what we have now . battery tools to me junk as they loose charge they also loose power and torque. i have some but they are not used for continuous heavy duty work they don't last even if you have an extra battery once it starts to fade it wont drive a deck screw like a fully charged battery and that's the plain truth of it . the only way an electric car will work is when they can be safely nuclear p[owered . These lithium batteries can't be rebuilt they are toxic to dispose of where are you going to dump them?Do you really want a car that goes three hours then you have to charge it up , Really give me a break the mindset here has gone way off on a wild tangent. Public trans aint the answer just look at the MBTA. Just stop and think for just one minute you need a generator to power the batery gharger that runs on gas diesel propane. noted author Bernard Shaw once said " THE ROAD TO HELL WAS PAVED BY WELL MEANING PEOPLE". OK i am done corded tools for me and gas cars thank ya. Alex

·
Registered
890 Posts
I have 2 gas push mowers. I have a gas edger, weed eater, hedge trimmer and blower attachment. I hardly ever use it. I got a Milwaukee edger string trimmer extension rod with chain saw attachment. This thing rocks makes the edging easy and fast. I have a battery power Ryobi blower and hedge trimmer. Got an adapter to use the Milwaukee batteries in it.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Conspiracy theory much?
There's more...social media ONLY spreads TRUTH
Bill Gates owns all of the Lithium Mines
Jeff Bezos owns all of the battery manufacturers
Silicon Valley, CA owns all the patents for the EV electronic controllers
Once EV's are mainstream you will have to have a chip implanted in your brain

Lemme see, what else? C'mon guys chime in with all your TRUTHs

·
Registered
4 Posts
i use all gas burning yard equipment. Chainsaws, leaf blower, hedger and string trimmer are all 2 stroke. I have a 2 stroke MX bike that I put 110 leaded fuel in it. That same oil and gas mix is used in all my two strokes. I never have a problem in the spring with gummed carbs. I also put 110 in my mowers just before winter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have one two cycle and one 4 cycle Ryobi head units rotting in the shed. The electric head unit is a godsend. Battery lasts long enough to do all around the house and blow the clippings off the driveway.
Me too. Dumped all the gas stuff. Electric more reliable. I only have a 1/2 acre so a couple batteries and I'm good

21 - 40 of 47 Posts