• Battery

Votes: 11 39.3%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No not cars.
Battery or gas homeowner grade yard tools. Leaf blower, chain saw, string trimmer and such like.
Also not pro grade make your living type stuff

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
my wife has a smaller electric weedeater,i have a bigger stihl weedeater for the big weeds,and my main mower is gas my backup is diesel.as for my gas mower i have had it for 5 years and have never had an issue in the spring and i don't use fuel stabilizer.just don't use gas with ethanol.

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
11,012 Posts
2 gas mowers, elec weed wacker, edger & blower. Battery mowers, trimmers etc. wont "Cut It" if you have a fairly large yard unless you have plenty of back up batteries, I use cordless tools at work and the batteries alone make buying a Complete New set of tools a better decision, Crazy IMO, Cars & Batteries? LOL

·
Premium Member
1970 El Camino SS396, VortecPro 467, ATI TH400, Moser 12 bolt /TruTrac 3:42, Hedman headers
1,493 Posts
Komifornia has a 2024 ban on the sale of new gas powered blowers and lawn mowers. A year or two later, gas powered generators get the ax. Other states WILL follow.
Like lemmings to the ocean.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
I have one two cycle and one 4 cycle Ryobi head units rotting in the shed. The electric head unit is a godsend. Battery lasts long enough to do all around the house and blow the clippings off the driveway.

·
Registered
4,504 Posts
I voted "gas" because both my lawnmower (Yardworks) and snowblower (Brute) are gas-powered but I also have a Milwaukee battery-operated hedge trimmer, weed eater, leaf blower which all use the same batteries (18V.)
Claude.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
I picked up a 40 volt Black and Decker whipper snipper this year. Havnt fired up the gas one since. Also a electric (115 volt,not battery) leaf blower to blow off the sidewalks and back deck. We are surrounded by large maple trees so my gas ones will still get a good workout, but this is fine for the intended use. The benefit is the wife can use both of them (and doesnt mind). Bonus. And I have gone to cordless on my drills and screwguns. For small jobs anyway.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I use a Black & Decker weedeater and a Greenworks 40v pole saw. Have spare batteries for both. Used the crap out of the pole saw for trimming low branches on 6 45' pines I just took down. Ash and Austrian are all dieing in this area. Also have a 20v cordless drill but hardly used it for it's gutless and the batteries don't last. Everything else I have is gas or diesel.

John

·
Registered
1969 Grand Prix. 455 TH400 12 bolt.
378 Posts
Haven't had any luck with gas string trimmers. Gas push mowers run a good long time for me but trimmers no. Seems like crummy fuel hose and bulb materials are destroyed by gas. Last one, a nice Ryobi, try as I might I could not figure out how to remove a single piece from it even with cutting. So a perfectly good two stroke with clutch gets throwed in the trash because it needs a gas hose.

Just bought a real light duty corded Craftsman string trimmer and like it fine being a city boy. Already had a cord to reach everywhere, for the chainsaw. No complaints with function on either electric item.

I hate batteries. Anything battery powered in my posession is an unwanted gift or mandatory world-required item not available powered by other means.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
I'm not sure what the ask is for the poll.

Is it "what you have now" or "what you think the future will be" or "what do you want to get" or "what do you think the future should be"?

Not sure how to vote on this one...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts