Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
With your clean ride, I'd use the dual windsor setup. search the it and the user name 'chev-hell'

I run the mark VIII. It will cool you too, but wont match with what you new blower status will get you.

------------------
71' 3880# with me. Big Block 402, Merlin oval heads, 10.2:1CR, TH400, 3.73 posi,
BEST 1/8th: 8.252 @ 84.56mph (1.855 sixty foot)
Last years previous best 1/4: 13.1sec @ 105 MPH (2.10 sixty foot) to be corrected soon.
Picture of me roasting the tires and other guy stuff
Video of me staging (smoke of course)

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
I cool my 69 with a Mark VIII fan. 5,000 = CFM fan for $109 from: http://houstonperformance.com/

you need a 100 amp alternator to run it. It draws up to 40 amps but really cools my hot-running car down. Minor surgury on the supplied shroud is needed to get it to fit into the 69's long water pump configuration. The rear of the fan's motor is about 3/4" away from the 2-groove water pump pulley with the fan mounted to the radiator on the drivers side. with already having a Griifin rad, Edelbrock water pump, the new fan made the biggest drop in temperature by far. The running joke is that you better have the parking brake on when the fan is running!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'll be installing the dual Spal fans that were highly recommended to me. Jegs or Summitt carries the mounting brackets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.