Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got an Electric 12volt Fan to front-mount on my radiator. where do i need to connect this to? should i just connect it to the batt-ground and run the hot wire to a switch in my dash and back to the post? should i get it fused?

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
After having one myself, I would say DEFINITELY get it fused. I don't know how many fuses I blew because of the fan. Fuses are cheap insurance and protect your wiring harness. I also purchased a painless wiring kit so the fan would come on at 190 and go off at 170ish, I think. It is a good idea if you don't want the fan on all the time. If your fan is on all the time it takes longer for the car to warm up when it is cold out. Just some friendly advice, let us know what you decide to do.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was thinking of getting a thermo to turn it on automatically too.
am i supposed to wire it from the battery or from the wiring harness?

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
WAIT one minute ........ ever hear the word relay ? fan is in front battery is front you can keep all the hot wires very short .. yes use a fuse in the supply line to the relay .. do a search on relays for drawing on how to hook it up there was one on just a couple of days ago

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Check out the Heating and Cooling forum. Many good posts on how to wire it up and which parts to buy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts