Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a question for you electrical gurus. With my new engine swap I have decided to use the electric choke that came with my carter carb, now I have been looking through the archieves and I'm having troubles figuring out where to hook up the power feed. I read the wiper motor is a good tap, but wouldn't that fry it if I listen to my radio in acces? I need a power source only on ign, the one in my fuse block is being used by my new Accel HEI distributer, can I splice the choke wire off of this or do I have to find a new source of power? If so where should I look? Thanks guys

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
I'd splice into the line coming from the IGN terminal. It sounds like it's handy already.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just tapped mine into the wire leading to the BATT. side of the coil. Works great. Easy to hide. One less wire going through the firewall.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just asked the same question the other day to someone who does automotive electrical for a living. He suggested that if I was using an alternator with an internal voltage regulator that I might want to tap into the power terminal coming off the two wire connector on the alternator . This would work good for me because I am using a passenger alternator set up on my small block, which is close to the autpmatic choke on my carb. Probably could solder a wire on the terminal so I wouldn't have to cut the wire also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts