Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions on the mounting location for an electric pump and filter for a normally aspirated 72 Chevelle with stock fuel tank and 2 1/2" exauast ?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
On my 69 I put above the rearend housing mounted to the trunk side behind the rearend but I had a problem the other day the rearend came up and chopped a line in 1/2 was not a pretty smell or sight about 20 miles from the house with no tools. If you put it where I did make sure you put it high enough in there for rearend won't smack it.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I've also seen low GPH pumps mounted horizontal at the diff. front lower control arm mount, like under the rear pass. seat against the frame. Plain 69 location is common but its a tight fit.

·
Registered
172 Posts
You probably already know this but, Electric fuel pumps like to be as close to the tank as space allows.Electric pumps in general, are better pushers than suckers.
–Joe454–
"67 Malibu"

[This message has been edited by Joe454 (edited 07-16-99).]

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
I mounted mine on the cross member in front of and above the fuel tank (el camino). Because as Joe454 said they like to be near the tank. Then, someone told me that above the tank level is not good because the fuel drains back to the tank. So...
I moved it to the frame rail under the passenger seat. Been driving it a few days and the whine is annoying. Unless it is quieter after I install the carpet, its gonna get a trial back on the fuel tank crossmember.

------------------
Rick Schaefer
72 El Camino
TPI 350/700r4
Aces #00140
TEAM CHEVELLE #00038
NCOA #16197

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.