Chevelles.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody post a photo or send me one of the section behind the bed under the tailgate of a 64-67 El Camino (with the tailgate down)? Mine has a flat section on either end but nothing in the center. I don't know if this is stock or if somebody at some point had cut it out for some reason.

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
1970 El Camino SS396, VortecPro 467, ATI TH400, Moser 12 bolt /TruTrac 3:42, Hedman headers
368 Posts
?????????/ Picture ???

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HI Lance. Hope you are staying safe. Here are some pics. It is the piece at the very rear of the bed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,075 Posts
You have a big section missing. Here are photos of mine without the tailgate.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,075 Posts
There are also rubber seals that staple to that structure and seal against the bumper. You can see what those look like in the assembly manual, if I remember correctly.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you! That helps. At some point somebody cut that out for some reason.

·
Premium Member
1970 El Camino SS396, VortecPro 467, ATI TH400, Moser 12 bolt /TruTrac 3:42, Hedman headers
368 Posts
Possibly some sort of trailer hitch ????? Some days you have to wonder what was going on inside their little minds....mayhem for future owners ? Looks like a nice start on your project, good luck.

·
Registered
202 Posts
There are also rubber seals that staple to that structure and seal against the bumper. You can see what those look like in the assembly manual, if I remember correctly.

Spot on.:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts