Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the SS gauges with big tach in my El Camino. The printed circuit on had some bad spots so I replaced it the bulbs and sanded all grounds. I checked the wires at the senders and they all have a reading,but the gas gauge is the only one that is even trying to work. This truck was sitting for a long time and has not had the best of care. Is it possible someone fried all the gauages, and if so how. I am the first person to even see the back side of the dash. Any ideas?
Thanks Edd.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
It is not likely that they fried all the gauges. Make sure you have 12V gauge power going to the cluster and that you have the cluster properly grounded. The cluster gets a ground by the ground strap around the headlight switch. Make sure the headlight switch is not loose and that the ground wire coming off the ring behind the gauge cluster is properly grounded at the metal dash support. Are you sure you have the right dash wiring harness? Look at the connector to the gauge cluster. There should be a wire in every pin. If it has two missing then this is the harness for an SS idiot light cluster and none of your gauges would work.

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses, but the gauges were bad. Cleaned the grounds, bought some new ones and now they work except for my 6500 rpm tach. And that stinks. Thanks again. Edd

1 - 4 of 4 Posts